Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So, now I'm a blogger!

The thing is, I've wanted to try this for quite a while, but could never seem to focus enough to actually sit down and do it!! I have so many stories to tell ... so many memories to share. Stories about my two beautiful and amazing young boys, Jeffrey and Brian, and the time we had together in this life. But most of all, I hope to convince as many as I can about the need for research into the causes of and cures for Leukemia. You see, because of Leukemia, we lost our two amazing young sons. And, just 18 months before our Jeffrey was diagnosed, I lost my very best friend to the same wretched disease. It's personal for me ... the fight against leukemia ... it's very personal.

I hope you will join in the fight. Please visit our website to learn about the mission of Jeffrey's Voice, a public charity created to fund research for a cure for Leukemia and Blood Cancers. Together, we can reach the day when no more are lost to these diseases, when all remissions are permanent, and when finally there is a cure for all.

Here's the thing ... together, we can reach the day when the world is free of Leukemia and Blood Cancers.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog Nancy. Its about time. I love your stories, although they make me cry sometimes. Your fight is real and righteous and often filled with spit and fire.
    And for those times when your flame is low, know that your readers will help keep it burning in their hearts and minds.
    Good blogging to you dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nancy. I look forward to reading all your stories. Keeping the light on my amazing friend, tonight and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in Nancy!! Congratulations. I was recently diagnosed and to top it off my dad has been in the hospital for the last two months, and my husband is deployed in Japan (he left the day I found out about my diagnosis) My heart is torn and I honestly don't know how I'm keeping it together. I know God has been giving me the strength to fight and go on! I would love to make people aware that this is a real disease, but we can be strong and fight this horrible disease! I actually started a blog, but haven't gotten it going yet. I sometimes don't have the energy to do daily tasks let alone blog! I think I need to set aside some time! Thank you for your strength and inspiration to fight! God bless you! Patti Adams I think you're following me on twitter @tofiesty4u I will definitely add you and follow your blog! Patti

    ReplyDelete